HP is releasing the latest and advanced feature of ilo, HP ilo Mobile App. It can be accessed from iphone’s or Android phones.
The primary function of this app is to access remote console anywhere on a mobile network. The app is optimized for the Gen 8 products and iLO4, but will have functionality on the G7’s and iLO3.
The HP iLO Mobile application provides access to the remote console of your HP ProLiant server from your iPhone or iPad. The mobile app interacts directly with the iLO processor on HP ProLiant servers, providing total control of the server at all times as long as the server is plugged in.
For example, you can access the server when it is in a healthy state, or when it is powered off with a blank hard drive. As an IT administrator, you can troubleshoot problems and perform software deployments from almost anywhere.
The HP iLO Mobile app allows you to perform the following tasks:
• Operate the server power switch.
• Use the Remote Console to interact with the operating system, including BIOS and ROM configuration changes.
• Mount an ISO CD/DVD image. The disk image is available on the server as a USB CD/DVD drive. You can boot from the disk image and deploy an operating system.
• Launch HP iLO scripts and monitor their progress.
• Access the HP iLO web interface.
• Store the list of servers you want to manage.
More details of this App can be found at hp site http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/ilo/mobile/index.html