HP released on 10 september a new firmware for its most popular Smart Array controllers used in the Gen8 Proliant servers.
Remarkable is that the functionality, unlocked by adding the SAAP license on the controller, now is by default in the base firmware!
So these features are now, for free, available on the Smart Array controllers P220i, P222, P420i, P420, P421, P721m and P822:
- RAID 6 (Advanced Data Guarding)
- RAID 60
- Advanced Capacity Expansion (ACE)
- Secure drive erase
- Performance improvements for video streaming
- Mirror splitting and recombining in offline mode
- Advanced Data Mirroring (ADM)
- Move/Delete LUNs
- Online split mirror
Here is the link where you can download this firmware : URL
Know that that other nice feature SmartCache still needs a separate license!