HP’s new Service Pack for ProLiant and Smart Update Manager 5.0 offer significant advantages for customers. The update package provides a single download for firmware and software, supports online updates, offers one year of support, and covers a large portfolio of products. Software update packages from competitors do not offer the same functionality as HP’s solution.
What’s new in HP SUM 5.0.0
– New Graphical User Interface
– Ability to deploy firmware from Windows workstations to Linux servers
– Support for Integrity BL8x0c i2, rx2800 i2, and Superdome 2 servers
– Automatic discovery of iLOs and interconnects when given the Onboard Administrator as the target
– Vastly improved update speeds with minimal downtime, when updating entire BladeSystem enclosures including Onboard Administrator and Virtual Connect
Get more info and downloads here: http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/spp/hpsum/index.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen