For all the P4000 users, check your CMC! You will notice that the newest release of SANiQ 9.5 is released on the HP FTP servers…
Find here the official enhancements:
• Application managed snapshots for VMware ESX Server and Microsoft Hyper-V Server
• SAN Status Home Page — the SAN Status home page is the new home page for the CMC and presents key information for all management groups in the storage environment in a single view.
• Zero to VSA automated installation and deployment — Single installer can install VSA, FOM and CMC. Go from “zero” to a fully functional virtual SAN in just a few easy steps. Scriptable install tool allows ROBO customers to script install once and deploy VSA quickly at multiple remote locations.
Peer Motion data mobility with cluster swap — Cluster swap allows users to replace or upgrade
P4000 clusters. Edit cluster menu guides decisions about adding, removing, or exchanging storage
systems. Easily migrate data online between tiers.
• Remote Copy performance improvements — Improvements to remote copy times, the time required to scan volumes, ability to support more frequent snapshots, reduction of RPOs for DR solutions.
• Storage Replication Adapter for Vsphere Site Recovery Manager 5.x — Supports automated failback and is included on the HP P4000 Application Integration Solution Pack
• Best Practice configuration wizards — Configuration wizards guide towards highest availability configurations: add Failover Manager for 2–node configuration, configure disk RAID 6 for single-node configurations, recommends volume replication when expanding clusters to more than one storage system
All details about the upgrade can be found in the Release Notes.
All details on P400 can be found on www.hp.com/go/P4000