Be aware that HP released last night the newest version of its Service Pack for Proliant being version 2013.09.
- Added new support for the following HP ProLiant servers:
- HP ProLiant SL210t Gen8 Server
- HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 Server
- HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8
- HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 Server
- HP ProLiant ML10 Server
- HP ProLiant ML350e Gen8 v2 Server
- Added support for new HP ProLiant options
- Added operating system support for:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4
- SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 11 SP3
- VMware ESXi 5.0 U2
- VMware ESXi 5.1 U1
- Contains HP Smart Update Manager v5.3.5
As usual can this new SPP found at its typical location www.hp.com/go/spp and in the HP Support Center HPSC.
Important to know!
This release does not include any new online VMware smart components or any of the VMware based system ROMs since these components do not deploy with HP SUM 5.3.5.
For customer convenience and a better user experience, all VMware online smart components and HP SUM 6.0 are packaged together in a planned VMware vSphere Supplement which is targeted for release soon. This planned Supplement will have support for VMware ESXi 5.0, VMware vSphere 5.1, and VMware vSphere 5.5 smart components.
Therefore, the following components will not be in SPP 2013.09.0 (B), but will become available with the VMware Supplement:
· Converged Network Adapters
· FlexFabric Adapters
· Fiber Channel Controllers
· Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) 3 and 4
· Network Interface Controllers
· HP ProLiant G7 and Gen 8 server hard disk drives
· HP Smart Array controllers
· Storage Backplane Expanders
· System ROMs for HP ProLiant G7 and Gen 8 servers
· SmartArray Controllers
· SATA drives connected through Smart Array
Having all of these VMware based smart components packaged together in one place as a Supplement allows a much better user experience.
This approach is a one-time occurrence since the next full SPP will contain all the contents of this VMware supplement.
UPDATE : meanwhile a first Customer Advirory c03928033 is released for this new SPP 2013.09. Find the details here.