HP released its latest version of the SPP aka Service Pack for Proliant. This new version 2014.02 will replace the previous version 2013.09.
HP Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) is a comprehensive systems software and firmware update solution, which is delivered as a single ISO image. This solution uses HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM) as the deployment tool and is tested on all HP ProLiant Gen8, G7, and earlier servers as defined in the Service Pack for ProLiant Server Support Guide.
What’s changed in this release:
- Added new support for the HP ProLiant DL580 Gen8 Server
- Enhanced support (processor update) for the following HP ProLiant servers:
- HP DL380e Gen8 Server
- HP DL360e Gen8 Server
- HP BL420 Gen8 Server Blade
- HP SL4540/SL4545 Gen8 Server
- HP ML350e Gen8 V2 Server
- Added operating system support for:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5
- VMware ESXi 4.1 U2
- VMware ESXi 5.0 U3
- vSphere 5.1 U2
- vSphere 5.5
- Contains HP Smart Update Manager v6.2.0
- Added Simplified Chinese language support
See the HP Service Pack for ProLiant Release Notes for more information.
See the HP Service Pack for ProLiant Server Support Guide for information on supported servers.