IDC released their quarterly server market share data for the 4th quarter of 2010. Did you know that?:
- For the entire calendar year 2010, HP tied for #1 position in total worldwide server revenue.
- HP shipped a new server every 11 seconds in CY2010.
- For the 35th consecutive quarter, 8 3/4 years, HP is the #1 vendor in worldwide server shipments.
- HP increased total unit shipments, year over year, by more than the top four competitors combined.
- HP has been leading the blade server market for 17 consecutive quarters
HP shipped 1.7 times as many blades as #2 IBM, and 4.9 times as many as #3 Dell.
- HP shipped in less than every 3 days, the same amount of blade servers as Sun/Oracle shipped in the full quarter.
- HP increased blade unit shipments year-over-year by more than all other vendors combined.
- For the 58th consecutive quarter, more than 14 years, HP ProLiant is the x86 server market share leader in both factory revenue and units
- HP Integrity blades maintained the #1 position in revenue for the RISC+EPIC blade segment gaining 20.8 percentage points year-over-year.
- HP is #1 in Windows® revenue and units worldwide.
- HP is #1 in Linux® revenue and units worldwide.
- For the 3 major operating environments UNIX, Windows and Linux combined (representing 99.7% of all servers shipped worldwide), HP is number 1 worldwide in server unit shipment and revenue market share.